Sunday, March 20, 2016

TEACHING EMOTION IN ART


Teaching emotion in art makes children more aware and more sensitive to other people’s feelings. They learn to have pride and integrity about themselves and their own identities. This helps them to better understand, empathize, and respect the emotions of those other than themselves. This topic resonates with me because my own personal art places focus on creating emotional artworks. 
If emotion was taught in art at a young age to our young children before they grow into young adults, they might just might become young adults who are more sensitive to peers feelings and care a bit more and understand a bit more about different people who do not always fit in…and there may be less bullying, less teasing and pointing fingers at outsiders, kids who just don’t fit in and maybe we can even go further to say teaching emotion in art to the young can change lives.

I plan to create an art unit on this topic for college students majoring in elementary school teaching.
Hi Gary,

So I want to use this 1.0 credit hour to brain storm and come up with articles, videos, lesson plans and basically research on this topic for my capstone project which I hope to work on next year to present by next May 2017.What I showed you in the blog was simply the beginning of brainstorming and researching and this will be the vehicle in which I will present my findings to you by the end of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment